Colorado College Logo

  DigitalCC

Use AND (in capitals) to search multiple keywords.
Example: harmonica AND cobos

Hiroshima: Dedication of the Cenotaph, 1952.

by Photo courtesy of Chugoku Shimbun, the Chugoku newspaper

Abstract

On August 6, 1952, seven years after the bombing of Hiroshima, five war orphans unveiled the cenotaph for the victims of the A-bomb blast. It is known as the Memorial Monument for Hiroshima, City of Peace. Approximately 1,000 persons attended the unveiling ceremony. Each year, on August 6, the memorial service is held in front of this monument located in the Peace Memorial Park. In this photo from 1952, one can still see private houses that had been rebuilt after the war in the area that is now the Peace Park.

Note

May be used for educational, non-commercial purposes only, in accordance with Fair Use policies. Acknowledgement to be given to IDEAS project, Earlham College, and the Peace Memorial Museum of Hiroshima.

Administrative Notes

May be used for educational, non-commercial purposes only, in accordance with Fair Use policies. Acknowledgement to be given to IDEAS project, Earlham College, and the Peace Memorial Museum of Hiroshima.

Copyright
Copyright restrictions apply.
Publisher
Earlham College
PID
coccc:22894
Extent
1500 w. x 772 h., 150ppi